NJ Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) Program- Recovery
USDA: Natural Resources Conservation Service of New JerseySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: New Jersey
Location of residency: New JerseyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Emergency Watershed Protection Program- Recovery
The EWP Program is a recovery effort program aimed at relieving imminent hazards to life and property caused by floods, fires, windstorms, and other natural occurrences. NRCS may bear up to 75 percent of the construction cost of emergency measures. The remaining 25 percent must come from local sources and can be in the form of cash or in-kind services. All EWP work must reduce threats to life and property. Furthermore, it must be economically and environmentally defensible and sound from an engineering standpoint. EWP work must yield benefits to more than one person. All work must represent the least expensive alternative.
What kind of work can be done?
EWP work is not limited to any one set of prescribed measures. A case by case investigation of the needed work is made by NRCS. EWP work can include:
- removing debris from stream channels, road culverts, and bridges
- reshaping and protecting eroded banks
- correcting damaged drainage facilities
- repairing levees and structures
- reseeding damaged areas
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Public and private landowners are eligible for assistance, but must be represented by a project sponsor that must be a legal subdivision of the State, such as a city, county, township or conservation district, and Native American Tribes or Tribal governments.
- What can't EWP do?
- EWP funds cannot be used to solve problems that existed before the disaster or to improve the level of protection above that which existed prior to the disaster.
- EWP cannot fund operation and maintenance work, or repair private or public transportation facilities or utilities.
- EWP work cannot adversely affect downstream water rights, and EWP funds cannot be used to install measures not essential to the reduction of hazards.
- In addition, EWP funds cannot be used to perform work on measures installed by another federal agency.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NJ Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) Program- Recovery by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.