NJ Farmland Preservation Grants to Non-Profits
State of New Jersey Department of Agriculture
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 2, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New Jersey
Location of residency: New JerseyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The State Agriculture Development Committee provides grants to nonprofit organizations to fund up to 50 percent of the fee simple or development easement values on farms to ensure their permanent preservation.
The SADC reviews and ranks applications based on the following criteria:
- percentage of high-quality soils;
- percentage of tillable acres;
- suitable boundaries and buffers, such as other nearby preserved farms and open space;
- the local commitment to agriculture (e.g., right to farm ordinances, community financial support);
- size of the farm;
- agricultural density of the area; and
- imminence of development.
Amount of money available
The State Agriculture Development Committee shall establish an amount of the grant award for the Fiscal Year 2018 funding round and a maximum funding limit per farm, or per applicant, will be determined based on available funds and farm priorities. There is no minimum or maximum grant request amount. Any funding awarded by the State Agriculture Development Committee may be subject to approval by the Garden State Preservation Trust and the appropriations process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that may apply for funding under the program:
- A tax exempt nonprofit organization that is exempt from Federal taxation pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. § 501 (c)(3) and which qualifies for a grant pursuant to the Garden State Preservation Trust Act, N.J.S.A. 13:8C-42, P.L. 1999, c. 152.
- Like all other land in the Farmland Preservation Program, farmland preserved by nonprofit organizations must be maintained for agricultural use.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NJ Farmland Preservation Grants to Non-Profits by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.