NJ Farmland Preservation Grants to Non-Profits
State of New Jersey Department of AgricultureSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: May 6, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Farmland Preservation
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: New Jersey
Location of residency: New JerseyView website Save
The State Agriculture Development Committee provides grants to nonprofit organizations to fund up to 50 percent of the fee simple or development easement values on farms to ensure their permanent preservation.
To provide a grant to private nonprofit organizations for up to 50 percent of the cost of acquisition of development easements on specific farms or up to 50 percent of the cost of acquisition of fee simple titles to specific farms from willing sellers.
Amount of money available
The State Agriculture Development Committee shall establish an amount of the grant award for the Fiscal Year 2020 funding round and the maximum funding limit per farm, or per applicant, will be determined based on available funds and farm priorities. There is no minimum or maximum grant request amount. Any funding awarded by the State Agriculture Development Committee will be subject to approval by the Garden State Preservation Trust and the appropriations process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that may apply for funding under the program:
- A tax exempt nonprofit organization that is exempt from Federal taxation pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. § 501 (c)(3) and which qualifies for a grant pursuant to the Garden State Preservation Trust Act, N.J.S.A. 13:8C-42, P.L. 1999, c. 152.
- Qualifications needed by an applicant to be considered for funding:
- To qualify for grant consideration, the board of directors or governing body of the applying tax exempt nonprofit organization shall:
- Demonstrate to the State Agriculture Development Committee that it qualifies as a nonprofit organization that is exempt from Federal taxation pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. § 501 (c)(3), and which qualifies for a grant pursuant to the Garden State Preservation Trust Act, N.J.S.A. 13:8C-42 (P.L. 1999, c. 152);
- Demonstrate that it has the resources to match the grant requested;
- Acquire a development easement on farmland or acquire land in fee simple title to be permanently preserved for farmland preservation purposes pursuant to N.J.A.C. 2:76-12, 13, 14, 15, and 16; and
- Agree to enter into a project agreement with the State Agriculture Development Committee in the event a project is approved by the State Agriculture Development Committee pursuant to N.J.A.C. 2:76-16.1.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”