NM Organic Certification Cost-Share Reimbursement Program
New Mexico Department of Agriculture
Grant amount: Up to US $750
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: New MexicoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The 2014 Farm Bill funded Cost-Share Reimbursement for organic certification costs for five years beginning in 2014. The cost-share program reimburses 75% of annual certification expenses (application fees, assessments) for each organic certificate, to a maximum of $750/certificate/year.
Depending on the funding received from the USDA, there may not be sufficient funds to reimburse every organic operation; reimbursements will be issued in the order applications are received until the funds are exhausted.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Organic Cost-Share Program is a federal program, funded by the 2014 Farm Bill, to reimburse producers and processors for 75% of the cost of organic certification, up to $750.
- If you have more than one certification (e.g. crop and processor) you may apply for EACH current certificate, but you must complete a separate application for each certified operation
- You must have a current organic certificate to be eligible.
- You must apply to be reimbursed.
- All certified organic New Mexico businesses are eligible for reimbursement as long as they have successfully completed the certification process and have a current certificate from a USDA-accredited certifier.
- Allowed reimbursement costs for certification include:
- application fees,
- inspection fees,
- user fees,
- postage, and
- Late fees and charges relating to violations of the organic standards are not eligible expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NM Organic Certification Cost-Share Reimbursement Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.