NNGA Research Grant
Northern Nut Growers Association, Inc.
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2018 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 30, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional For-Profit Business Unaffiliated Researcher Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Northern Nut Growers Association, Inc. (NNGA) brings together people interested in growing nut trees. Our members include experts in nut tree cultivation, farmers, amateur and commercial nut growers, experiment station workers, horticultural teachers and scientists, nut tree breeders, nursery people, foresters, and beginning nut growers.
The NNGA offers research grants to those institutions or individuals doing research on temperate zone tree nuts.
Any topic dealing with temperate zone tree nuts is eligible. Historically, the interests of the NNGA have also included papaws and persimmons. Past annual reports can be consulted for an overview of NNGA interests. Suggested topic areas are:
- Germplasm and Cultivar Evaluation
- Pest Management and Pest Biology
- Mechanical Harvesting
- Postharvest Handling and Processing
- Orchard Establishment
- Orchard Care and Maintenance
- Basic Biology and Ecology
- Foreign Exchange, esp. Germplasm
Project Duration and Funding Limitations
In an effort to "spread around" scarce funds, projects are favored that are no more than two years' duration and $5,000 total NNGA contribution. The NNGA accepts and encourages projects of smaller scale than these limits, and will consider partial funding (up to the above-stated limits) of larger scale projects, provided that other funding sources support the balance of the project. All NNGA grant funds must be used for direct costs of supported research.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Anyone who has the interest and capability to perform pertinent research is eligible to submit proposals and receive grant money.
- This includes NNGA members, academic professionals, private individuals, and corporations.
- Institutions or individuals must be doing RESEARCH on temperate zone tree nuts.
- The NNGA favors projects which yield applicable, useful results which become part of the public domain.
- We make funding decisions based on the value of research results to NNGA members.
- The NNGA does not support research which results in protected intellectual property (e.g., patents, copyrights), nor research providing exclusive support for a private enterprise.
- The NNGA does not fund indirect costs (overhead), or a corporate "fee" (profit).
- We do not fund economic development or environmental projects, per se.
- Nut trees may contribute to those efforts, but our grants are mainly for scientific research that improves nut cultivation.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NNGA Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.