Norcliffe Foundation Grant
The Norcliffe Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Conference, Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Clallam County, Island County, Jefferson County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Washington: Clallam County, Island County, Jefferson County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, San Juan County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County, Whatcom County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Norcliffe Foundation iis a private family foundation established to improve the quality of life for all people in our community.
What we fund
Areas of support include human services, healthcare, civic and community projects, education, and arts and culture.
Grants to civic and educational organizations are typically smaller in dollar amount, yet make-up over half of the total number of grants made.
The foundation makes grants in the following areas:
- Arts & Culture
- Civic & Community
- Environment & Conservation
- Healthcare & Research
- Historic Preservation
- Human & Social Services
- Youth Development
Type of Grants
We make grants to capital and infrastructure projects, program or project support, general operating, and capacity building.
Capital grants are generally larger in dollar amount, yet account for less than 25% of the total number of grants made.
Funding types include:
- Capacity Building
- Capital and Infrastructure
- Challenge or Matching
- General Operating
- Project Support
We focus on the twelve counties that make up the Puget Sound area of Washington State.
Most of the grants we make are to organizations and projects located in King County.
The Norcliffe Foundation provides support to a variety of organizations and projects. Grant size depends on the scope of the project and the capacity of the organization.
Nearly 60% of the grants we make are $15,000 or less.
Things to consider when determining the appropriate amount to request:
- History of funding and past grant amounts from The Norcliffe Foundation
- Gift range committed and pending from other funders
- A maximum request of 10% of the private philanthropy goal for capital projects
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who we fund
- Applications are accepted from nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code that operate in the Puget Sound Region of Washington State.
- Organizations located or operating within the following twelve Puget Sound counties of Washington State are welcome to submit an application:
- San Juan
- The Foundation does not make grants to organizations for deficit financing or debt reduction.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Norcliffe Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.