Nordson Corporation Foundation Grant - Wisconsin, Colorado, Connecticut (New London & Windham Counties), Minnesota, & California (Santa Clara County)
Nordson Corporation Foundation
Predicted deadline: May 15, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $60,000
Fields of work: Crisis Intervention Historic Preservation Human & Social Services Civic Engagement & Education Education - K through 12 Child Care Services Education - Preschool / Early Learning Academic Success & Enrichment Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Career/College Preparation Economic Services & Development Greening & Beautification Historical Records & Archives Social Justice / Human Rights Arts / Culture Access & Participation Art Education Visual Arts Performing Arts Youth Involvement in the Arts Urban Planning Life Skills Training & Rehabilitation Art for Social Change Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: San Diego County, Santa Clara County, Counties in Colorado: Boulder County, Grand County, Jackson County, Larimer County, Weld County, Counties in Connecticut: New London County, Windham County, Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Hennepin County, Counties in Wisconsin: Ashland County, Barron County, Buffalo County, Chippewa County, Clark County, Dunn County, Eau Claire County, Iron County, Pepin County, Pierce County, Price County, Rusk County, Sawyer County, St. Croix County, Taylor County, Vilas County, Washburn County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in California: San Diego County, Santa Clara County, Counties in Colorado: Boulder County, Grand County, Jackson County, Larimer County, Weld County, Counties in Connecticut: New London County, Windham County, Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Hennepin County, Counties in Wisconsin: Ashland County, Barron County, Buffalo County, Chippewa County, Clark County, Dunn County, Eau Claire County, Iron County, Pepin County, Pierce County, Price County, Rusk County, Sawyer County, St. Croix County, Taylor County, Vilas County, Washburn County Show all
Nordson Corporation Foundation
The Nordson Corporation Foundation awards grants to non-profits in our communities throughout the United States. Since 1989, the Foundation has awarded more than $60 million in grants to improve the quality of life in our communities, placing a special focus on causes related to education. Employees support the foundation by making donations during our annual A Time to Give Campaign, or by participating in a Community Affairs Committee (CAC). Committees review grant applications and vote to distribute Foundation funds to deserving local causes. During the last financial year, the Foundation gave out 362 grants totaling $6.3 million.
Nordson Foundation Giving Strategies
The geographic areas in which Nordson has major facilities determine the Nordson Foundation's giving priorities.
Within these geographic areas, granting priorities are driven by community needs. Although needs change quickly, our vision is long term. We pursue and support results-oriented opportunities that prepare individuals for full and equal participation in the economic and social mainstream. We believe these kinds of programs help improve the quality of life over the long term and produce stronger, more enlightened communities in which we live and work. We strive to fulfill these responsibilities in our communities through contributions to charitable activities with a focus on education. Other major giving categories that are supported are human welfare, civic affairs and arts and culture.
Nordson Foundation Values
In the spirit of our corporate founders, the Nordson Corporation Foundation continues to operate on the belief that business, as a corporate citizen, has a social responsibility to share its success with the communities where it operates and draws employees.
The Nordson Foundation is dedicated to improving our communities by supporting the continuum of education from birth to adulthood in the belief that education is the key for individuals to become self-sufficient, productive members of society.
To prepare individuals for economic independence, a variety of quality educational experiences are necessary. To be successful today, individuals not only need to master the basics, “reading, writing and arithmetic”, they must also know how to think critically and creatively. Strengthening the community’s human capital – through quality education – is crucial.
The Nordson Foundation offers support to non-profit organizations that cultivate educational curriculum and experiences that foster self-sufficiency, job readiness and goals to aspire to higher education. The Foundation is well aware of the fact that for non-profit organizations to remain viable they must receive operating support. With this in mind, Nordson Corporation Foundation does invest in general operating support.
As stewards of the Foundation assets, the directors feel strongly that the organizations that are supported by the Foundation be able to measure the effectiveness of their mission and programs. Quantitative and/or qualitative data allows for the Foundation to ensure that the organizations it supports are bringing about the desired outcomes in our communities.
Nordson Foundation Goals
The goals of the Nordson Corporation Foundation are to insure that:
- All children have access to and receive quality educational experiences from early childhood
- All individuals have the opportunity to be self-sufficient members of society
- There is a continuum of quality educational opportunities
- Our communities are strengthened by the organizations we fund whether their focus is education, human welfare, civic or arts and culture
Nordson Foundation Funding Strategy
Through its grant-making, the Foundation supports organizations that directly or indirectly seek to maximize success before, during and beyond the traditional classroom years. Grants will be reviewed and considered on the basis of their enrichment to the communities where our employees live and work. Organizations and programs receiving grants will be expected to identify relevant, measurable outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of their programs.
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Maximizing Student Success
- Access to quality educational opportunities
- Innovative programs
- Partnerships/collaborations with school districts
- Funding gaps not covered by public monies
- Augmenting core curriculum
- Exposure to programs that expand on traditional education
- Workforce Preparation
- Initial preparation for the world of work
- Retraining for the new job market
- Strengthening our communities
- Promote prevention and lifestyle maintenance programs and activities
- Promote crisis intervention
- Promote life transition opportunities
- Promote systemic change
Arts and Culture
- Actively seek to broaden the audience bases in Nordson communities
- Support the visual and performing arts
- Provide educational enrichment for students
- Motivation for at-risk youth
- Provide access to the arts for special needs audience
- Promote greater understanding among people via the arts
- Work to improve the physical or economic environment
- Provide cultural or historical preservation
- Strive to inform citizens and increase their participation in community improvement
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Nordson Corporation Foundation makes grants only to tax-exempt organizations, as defined in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, based in geographic areas where Nordson facilities and employees are located
- Wisconsin (Chippewa Valley)
- Colorado (Larimer County and Vicinity)
- Connecticut (New London & Windham Counties),
- California (Santa Clara County)
- Nordson Corporation Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations whose services are not provided within the Foundation's geographic areas of interest
- Direct grants or scholarships to individuals
- Organizations not eligible for tax-deductible support
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion
- Membership Drives
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”