NANFA Conservation Research Grant
North American Native Fishes Association (NANFA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 20, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: North America
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The North American Native Fishes Association (NANFA) sponsors a cash awards program to support research relating to the conservation of North America’s indigenous fish fauna. NANFA wishes to support research that contributes to the sustainable existence of North American native fishes, especially those that are imperiled.
Since 2001 NANFA has funded the Conservation Reaserch Grant, focusing on supporting research relating to the conservation of North America's indigenous fish fauna, particularly those that are threatend or endangered.
The objectives of the North American Native Fishes Association, Inc., are:
- To increase and disseminate knowledge about North America's native fishes and their habitats among aquarium hobbyists, biologists, fish and wildlife officials, anglers, educators, students, and others, through publications, electronic media, regional and national meetings, and other means;
- To promote the conservation of native fishes and the protection and restoration of natural habitats;
- To advance the captive husbandry of North America's native fishes for the educational, scientific, and conservation benefits it affords;
- To encourage and defend the legal and environmentally responsible collection of native fishes for private aquaria as a valid use of a natural resource; and
- To provide a forum for fellowship and camaraderie among individuals who share a common interest in the diversity, biology, captive husbandry, and conservation of North America's native fishes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Conservation Research Grant could be awarded to someone in academia, a conservation group, or to an independent researcher.
- The review panel has the option to grant multiple awards in any given year, based on the merit of the proposal.
- NANFA may award multiple awards in one year for
amounts less than or equal to $1,000.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Qualifying applicants must be members in good standing of NANFA. Membership dues will be accepted with funding applications, or paid separately.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NANFA Conservation Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.