NCR-SARE: Graduate Student Grant Program
North Central Region SARE
Grant amount: US $12,000
Deadline: Apr 12, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
SARE is the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program, a competitive USDA NIFA grants
Proposals need to address sustainable agriculture issues of importance to the North Central region. SARE funds applied projects that engage farmers/ranchers. NCR-SARE strongly encourages having farmers, ranchers, local organizations, or others who will use or benefit from the project involved in its planning, design, and implementation. This participation enhances the relevance and impact of a sustainable agriculture research or education project.
- Improving the profitability of farmers/ranchers and associated agricultural businesses.
- Sustaining and improving the environmental quality and natural resource base on which agriculture depends.
- Enhancing the quality of life for farmers/ranchers, rural and urban communities, and society as a whole.
- Expected outcomes for the project and how they will assist NCR-SARE in working toward the broadbased outcomes listed above.
- How progress toward project outcomes will be monitored and evaluated.
- Expected impact on farmers/ranchers, communities, and society as a whole.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The student must be officially registered as a graduate student or resident (according to his or her institution’s requirements) at the time the project begins.
- A student is allowed to receive only one NCR-SARE Graduate Student grant during her or his student career.
- NCR-SARE funds MAY be used for the following purposes:
- Supplies, including software.
- Labor (this includes wages or salary and benefits, other than tuition, for the student or other individuals working on the project).
- Special reference books not readily available.
- Farm equipment rental or operating charges.
- Travel and per diem necessary for the project (use your university rules for travel expenses).
- Payments for project participants (especially farmers and ranchers) who aren’t drawing salaries or wages from an employer while they’re working on your project.
- A small amount of overhead or indirect costs; 10% is the maximum rate that may be used.
- NCR-SARE and/or USDA have determined that NCR-SARE funds MAY NOT be used for the following purposes:
- Payment of tuition.
- Purchase of books used in the student’s courses.
- Printing or copying of a thesis or final project paper.
- Permanent capital improvements (e.g., land, buildings, etc.).
- Purchase of motorized vehicles.
- Equipment (see note in budget section)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NCR-SARE: Graduate Student Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.