NPRB Graduate Student Research Award
North Pacific Research Board
Grant amount: US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 9, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: Canada, Russian Federation, Alaska
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The North Pacific Research Board (NPRB) funds marine research to improve understanding of the Gulf of Alaska, Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands, and Chukchi/Beaufort Seas. NPRB-funded research informs effective management and sustainable use of vital marine resources. To encourage students to pursue scientific and scholarly research that addresses management issues in northern seas, NPRB established a program of graduate student research awards in 2008.
Qualified masters and doctoral students may apply for one of the six or more awards at $25,000 each. Awards will be given for the opportunity to address scientific, technological, and socioeconomic issues relating to the research themes identified in the 2005 NPRB Science Plan (see the Plan for more detail on each of the research themes):
- Lower Trophic Level Productivity
- Fish Habitat
- Fish and Invertebrates
- Marine Mammals
- Other Prominent Issues
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students must be accepted by, or enrolled in, a graduate degree program at an accredited university or college by the time of application.
- Applicants must have a graduate research topic relevant to the research themes and issues identified in the 2005 NPRB Science Plan.
- Award funds may be used for graduate student stipend and standard benefits, tuition or required university fees, or for specific research expenses such as travel, supplies, and laboratory analyses.
- One hundred percent of the funds must be used for the benefit of the graduate student, who will determine how the funds are divided among the allowable uses.
- In the event of a tie, the Board may give preference to:
- Those addressing pressing fisheries management needs
- Those addressing ecosystem information needs
- Other projects on a similar topic
- Overlap with existing research, or
- Alaska high school graduates
- Recipients of previous GSRAs are not eligible to re-apply during the course of the same degree, but may apply in subsequent degrees. Important
- Indirect costs are not allowed.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the NPRB Graduate Student Research Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.