Community Grants: North Texas
Carl B. and Florence E. King FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 15, 2020 2:30pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Aug 31, 2020 2:30pm PDT (Full proposal), Dec 16, 2020 2:30pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Feb 28, 2021 2:30pm PST (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $75,000
Fields of work: Microfinance Employment Services Homelessness Services Arts / Culture Access & Participation Music Education Art Education Youth Involvement in the Arts Senior Services Child Foster Care & Adoption Services Education - Preschool / Early Learning Early Childhood Development Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Financial Literacy Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Rockwall County, Tarrant County
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Rockwall County, Tarrant CountyView website Save
About this funder:
The Board of Directors of the Carl B. & Florence E. King Foundation is committed to the highest standards of philanthropy and to honoring the founders’ original intent, while adapting to today’s needs.
Community Grants: North Texas
Helping seniors protect or improve their financial independence, through efforts such as employment services, money management programs, financial literacy education, benefits counseling, debt management assistance, food and nutrition security, mental health counseling and case management, transportation, and home improvement or repair; and protecting seniors from physical or financial abuse.
Arts, Culture, and History
Providing artistic, historical, or cultural experiences that enhance learning in school-age children, or extend the benefit of the arts to children, the elderly, and others who might not otherwise have access; helping the cultural sector build future audiences and generate sustained operational funding.
Children and Youth
Assisting young people who are aging out of the foster care system in preparing for independent adulthood, including case management, education, employment, housing, and mental health services; and supporting youth who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Addressing the wealth gap by improving the financial stability and economic security of individuals and families through an integrated approach of improving financial health, income supports, and employment, offered either by a single agency or a group of agencies working in concert.
Supporting the educational and social-emotional development of children ages birth to five, including pre-K programs, kindergarten readiness efforts, and quality improvement initiatives.
Types of Grants Available
Grant Average and Range
- Range: $15,000 to $75,000
- Average: $30,000
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible counties: Collin + Dallas + Denton + Rockwall + Tarrant
- The Foundation does not award grants:
- To individuals.
- To organizations or programs that do not serve residents of our geographic focus in Texas or Arkansas.
- To organizations that are not tax exempt or have not received their 501c3 designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- For general operating support, annual fund drives, or funds to offset operating losses.
- For debt retirement, including short-term loans taken as part of a capital campaign.
- To create or add to endowments.
- To organizations that will “pass through” the King Foundation grant by re-award to other charitable organizations.
- For galas, balls, luncheons, or similar events benefitting charitable organizations.
- For efforts to treat or cure a single disease or condition.
- To support medical research.
- For church or seminary construction or religious programs. (The Foundation will consider grants to faith-based groups offering social service programs in some circumstances. The programs must be available to the general public and cannot require religious instruction or participation as a condition of receiving or continuing services.)
- For professional conferences, symposia, academic or sports competitions, K-12 extracurricular competitions, or similar activities.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”