Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation Grant
Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont Expand all
Location of residency: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont Expand all
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In 1966, a farmer-owned cooperative, formed a small foundation, the Agway Foundation, to benefit agriculture and the public good. The Foundation was organized as a trust and funded by contributions from Agway Inc. In September 2003, the Agway Foundation, Inc. was formed pursuant to Section 402 of the New York Not-for-Profit Corporation Law. The Foundation was formed as a successor organization to the original trust. In May 2009 the organization was renamed the Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”). It will function as a private foundation to promote the development of agricultural leadership and a better understanding of agriculture and agricultural-related activities within the Northeastern United States.
The Foundation will provide financial support to organizations which are recognized as qualifying under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, accept any gifts, contributions, grants and donations which are deemed appropriate by the Foundation’s Board of Directors, and conduct any and all lawful activities which may be necessary or useful.
The primary goal of the Foundation is to support education and leadership training organizations dedicated to serving the interests of farmers and rural communities in the Northeast.
Contributions will be focused geographically primarily in the northeastern United States. Programs or projects are expected to be primarily statewide or larger activities.
The Foundation will support organizations whose activities either promote agricultural leadership development, help foster a better understanding of agriculture and/or our food production system, or improve the quality of life for farmers.
Of particular interest to the Foundation are those organizations that
- provide agricultural leadership training
- provide education about agriculture
- educate citizens, especially youth, about how food is produced and processed
- promote farm safety awareness, especially those which educate and train farmers and their families
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation will only make grants to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose activities and programs meet the Foundation’s philanthropic priority areas.
- Foundation funds will not be used to support:
- individuals, political, religious or labor organizations
- memberships in professional societies or trade associations
- the general operating funds of health care facilities
- No grants are made to individuals or for-profit organizations and no loans are made.
- The Foundation does not fund recurring operating costs unless it is for programmatic start-up.
- The Foundation will not fund indirect (overhead) costs associated with sponsored projects.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.