Northeast Dutchess Fund Grant
The Berkshire Taconic Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Apr 15, 2021
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Community Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Dutchess County, New York
Location of residency: Dutchess County, New YorkView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: The Northeast Dutchess Fund committee acknowledges that nonprofits are facing unique challenges due to the implications of COVID-19 and will consider applications for critical needs of nonprofits in this grant cycle.
Northeast Dutchess Fund
The Northeast Dutchess Fund was formed in 2002 to set in motion a community effort to build an endowment that would support nonprofit activities in Amenia, Clinton Corners, Dover Plains, Millbrook, Millerton, North East, Pine Plains, Stanford, Washington, Wassaic and Wingdale and their hamlets.
The Fund is positioned to serve as an ongoing resource that can look across town borders and combine resources to achieve maximum benefit for the residents of these towns. Under the guidance of a group of community advisors, it reviews and makes grants in response to applications it receives, provides technical assistance to nonprofits and initiates projects to provide services that do not exist.
An organization may submit only one application per deadline. Projects that have received prior support from the Northeast Dutchess Fund may reapply.
Grants usually range between $500 and $3000, with requests up to $10,000 considered for exceptional projects. All grants will require a one-to-one match either in cash, services or in-kind donations. Berkshire Taconic reserves the right to modify this policy on a case-by-case basis. An assessment of the project’s outcomes will be required once the program or service funded is completed and before any applications are submitted to the Northeast Dutchess Fund for further funding.
Emergency grants of up to $500 may be awarded on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Northeast Dutchess Fund Committee. Please submit a one page letter of inquiry outlining the nature of the crisis and projected use of funds. Further information may be requested by Berkshire Taconic before a decision is made.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply
- Nonprofits, municipalities, community organizations or civic entities in northeast Dutchess County.
- Nonprofit organizations, public agencies or community organizations that provide services to the residents of Amenia, Clinton Corners, Dover Plains, Millbrook, Millerton, North East, Pine Plains, Stanford, Washington, Wassaic and Wingdale are eligible to apply for grants.
- Requests will be considered for projects, programs, capital improvements and general operating support.
- Nonprofits, teachers, students or parents may apply for projects that enhance the educational experience for the children in the aforementioned towns.
- Projects may provide individual school or system-wide education and enrichment opportunities.
- All requests must be accompanied by a letter of support from the school principal or superintendent.
- Public agencies may apply for projects that enrich the experience of their residents or offer additional opportunities for public improvements.
- Please note that grants are not intended to replace tax dollars.
- The Northeast Dutchess Fund does not support organizations which in their constitution, by-laws or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.