Northeast SARE Research and Education Grants
Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education
Grant amount: US $50,000 - US $200,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 6, 2018 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia Expand all
Location of residency: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This grant program funds projects that result in farmers gaining knowledge and skills they can apply to
make verifiable changes that lead to greater sustainability. Projects may be submitted with or without
an applied research component, but all projects must have an outcome-based education program for
farmers. The maximum project length is four years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- There is no requirement that applicants have a specific affiliation, but they must have the institutional connections and support needed to carry out their project.
- Typically, proposals come from university and extension staff, the agricultural nonprofit sector, and people who work on research farms and experiment stations, but proposals from private consultants or agriculture related businesses will be considered.
- Applicants must have the skills needed to oversee and carry out their proposed project
- be credible and experienced in the science of agriculture and agricultural sustainability
- understand the importance of profitability, good stewardship, and quality of life for farmers and farm communities
- demonstrate a firm grasp of current opportunities and concerns in sustainable agriculture
- Applicants whose project includes a research component should have experience doing agricultural research, preferably research in cooperation with commercial farmers.
- There is a limit of two preproposals per applicant, and only one preproposal per applicant will be
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Northeast SARE Research and Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.