Northern Albemarle Unrestricted Endowment Grant
North Carolina Community FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Apr 7, 2021 9:00am PDT
Grant amount: US $500 - US $3,000
Fields of work: All fields of work Women & Girl Services
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in North Carolina: Camden County, Gates County, Pasquotank County, Perquimans County
Location of residency: North CarolinaView website Save
About this funder:
Northern Albemarle Unrestricted Endowment
This fund enables the Northern Albemarle Community Foundation to respond to changing community needs and to enhance the quality of community life in Camden, Gates, Perquimans, and Pasquotank Counties through annual grants to local nonprofit organizations.
Grants typically range from $500 to $3,000. Much of this affiliate's grantmaking comes from the Judge Thomas Watts Fund, originally established by the Elizabeth City Jaycees. A separate application is not required to apply to the Judge Thomas Watts Fund. The application also allows access to the grant application for the Women Givers of Northeast North Carolina, supporting the needs of women and children in Camden, Gates, Pasquotank and Perquimans Counties.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools).
- An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support.
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within our affiliate network will be considered.
- If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”