Northern Monterey County Foundation Grant
Community Foundation for Monterey County
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Monterey County, California
Location of residency: Monterey County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 2016, the Northern Monterey County Foundation (NMCF) is an affiliate fund of the Community Foundation for Monterey County. The NMCF seeks to support nonprofit organizations that have the leadership and capacity to provide important community resources and services in Northern Monterey County communities.
- Aromas, Bolsa Knolls, Boronda, Castroville, Elkhorn, Las Lomas, Moss Landing, Oak Hills, Pajaro, Prunedale, Royal Oaks, Santa Rita.
Each year, the NMCF determines where its available grant dollars can be placed for greatest impact on our communities’ highest priority needs. Using these grantmaking guidelines, the NMCF Advisory Board, made up of community volunteers, will carefully review grant applications and recommend a slate of grants once a year to the CFMC board, which has final authority in grant decisions.
The NMCF seeks to support nonprofit organizations that have the leadership and capacity to provide important community resources and services in Northern Monterey County communities. Funding will be considered for the following types of requests:
- Program Support: for the expansion or refinement of existing programs, as well as new programs that show the promise of impact and sustainability
- Operating Support: unrestricted grants to organizations
- Capital Support: for cost associated with buildings and/or facilities
- Organizational Development: to strengthen or enhance the internal capacity and infrastructure of organizations that have a proven track record of community benefit in Northern Monterey County
What Grant Funds May Support
- Pre-development or construction costs for facility construction or renovation
- Matching grants to leverage other funding
- Developmental costs for new programs
- Personnel expenses that relate to specific program goals
- Equipment, materials and/or facilities expenses that directly benefit participants or are an identifiable part of project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be considered for projects and programs serving the Northern Monterey County communities of Aromas, Bolsa Knolls, Boronda, Castroville, Elkhorn, Las Lomas, Moss Landing, Oak Hills, Pajaro, Prunedale, Royal Oaks or Santa Rita.
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Public programs, such as school activities and programs not included in normal curricula, parks, public health, etc.
- Church-sponsored activities with benefits to the entire community (e.g. a food pantry)
- Organizations and collaboratives that are not legally incorporated—for these, CFMC requires an agreement with a “Fiscal Sponsor” defined as a tax exempt 501(c)3 organization accountable for financial management of the grant.
- Organization may only submit one application. However, if an organization is serving as a fiscal sponsor for a collaborative or unincorporated group, they can also apply for a grant to benefit their organization.
- What Grant Funds Will Not Support:
- Projects that discriminate or with political or partisan purposes
- Religious activities or services that are non-secular and/or promote a religious doctrine
- Funding to schools and public agencies that would supplant tax-supported, mandated services
- Individual sports teams
- Annual fundraising campaigns or events
- Creation of, or addition to, endowment funds
- Payment of debt or legal settlements
- Expenses incurred prior to the grant award date
- Attendance at conferences for staff or volunteers
- Research projects
- Grants to provide college or other educational scholarships to individuals
- Grants to provide financial assistance directly to individuals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Northern Monterey County Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.