Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group (NNMHGG) Grants
Con Alma Health FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $7,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: May 30, 2019 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Mexico: Los Alamos County, Rio Arriba County, Santa Fe County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Northern New Mexico Health Grant Group (NNMHGG) is a joint initiative of Con Alma and the Hospital Auxiliary of Los Alamos Medical Center. NNMHGG awards grants of up to $15,000 to eligible nonprofits that target the unmet healthcare needs of the people of Los Alamos, Rio Arriba and northern Santa Fe Counties.
NNMHGG Grant Cycle
NNMHGG Grants support a wide range of programs/projects, initiatives and organizations that address the needs left unmet by the sale of Los Alamos Medical Center. These needs are detailed in “Data for Grantmaking: A Comparative Study of Community Health”. NNMHGG Grants are not likely to be awarded for projects with activities replacing public sector health-related services. Services that supplement or expand health-related services of the public sector are accepted. Examples include, but are not limited, to:
- Improve the health status and rights of diverse populations and Northern New Mexico communities in Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, and northern Santa Fe Counties.
- “Northern Santa Fe County” excludes both the city and areas south of Santa Fe.
- Increase access to health and health care services
- Advocate for health policy
- Increase community wellness and health equity
- A specific program/project, an initiative or general operations of an organization’s overall mission.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grantees must be recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c) 3 tax exempt organization.
- If you are not a 501(c)3 you may apply using an approved Fiscal Sponsor. Contact Program Director to discuss Fiscal Sponsorship.
- All activities funded by the grant must occur (or benefit the people) in the state of NM.
- Any organization working directly with pueblo or tribal communities/nations must submit a letter from those pueblos or tribes acknowledging support for the organization and the project that will be implemented. This letter must accompany your grant application
- No funding will be awarded to applicants who do not comply with these restrictions:
- No grants may be made to individuals and/or for scholarships and fellowships.
- Con Alma grants may not be used to fund lobbying activities or other activities prohibited under section
502 (c ) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grant funds may not be used for capital purposes, construction or renovation, or for the purchase of property and equipment at more than $5,000 per item.
- Grants may not be used for annual fund raising campaigns, political campaigns, endowments, event sponsorships, clinical research, or direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Northern New Mexico Health Grants Group (NNMHGG) Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.