Northwest Minnesota Foundation Grants
Northwest Minnesota FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Beltrami County, Clearwater County, Hubbard County, Kittson County, Lake of the Woods County, Mahnomen County, Marshall County, Norman County, Pennington County, Polk County, Red Lake County, Roseau County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We recently realigned our grant programs to serve communities most in need. The change reflects our values of strategic collaboration, integrity and responsibility, and to boldly make a difference. Our hope is to build better lives here in rural Minnesota.
Communities Thrive Program – Coming soon!
The Communities Thrive Program will build on the strength and diversity of our region. This grant and loan program will be focused on community building, place making, and showcasing the variety of amenities that make northwest Minnesota a great place to live work and play. The program will accept applications from communities in a competitive process.
Children and Families Program – Coming soon!
The Children and Families Program will focus on collaborative approaches that serve our most vulnerable families. We believe the safety, health, and growth opportunity of each child is improved with each caring adult involved in their lives. We also recognize parents and caregivers need support raising respectful and engaged youth. This program will accept applications from collaborative initiatives in a competitive process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Northwest Minnesota Foundation awards grants only to organizations located and/or conducting activities in our 12-county service area
- (i.e. Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau Counties; and Red Lake Reservation and White Earth Reservation)
- Applicants must be public agencies, local government units, or private nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt status.
- Grants from NMF cannot be used for capital campaigns, annual fund drives, endowments, building construction, religious activities, past operating deficits, general operating expenses, indirect costs, lobbying, publicity and direct marketing.
- Grants solely for equipment or capital improvements will not be considered.
- Grants for professional services (i.e. attorneys, website developers, accountants, grant writers, engineers, architects, etc.) are largely considered part of an operating expense and would not qualify.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Northwest Minnesota Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.