Regional Impact Grants: Norwich Youth
Community Foundation of Eastern ConnecticutSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next deadline: Dec 14, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Jan 14, 2020 2:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New London County, Connecticut
Location of residency: Preferred: New London County, Connecticut Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: If you are a new applicant to the Foundation, or would like to discuss a new program idea, you are required to speak with the program department, or submit a program description of up to two pages before the "letter of Inquiry" deadline.
About Norwich Youth Grants
Norwich Youth Grants support youth development programs and services for economically and socially disadvantaged Norwich youth, to help fill the gap in services left by the closing of the YMCA of Southeastern CT in Norwich.
This grant opportunity aligns with our Empower Youth and Basic Needs & Rights strategic priorities. We are able to offer this grant opportunity due to the generous legacy gifts of Grace & Lewis Sears and Jeannette Frisbie.
Priority is given to programs that empower youth:
- enhance quality early childhood education and intervention services;
- support mentoring programs that encourage relationships between youth and caring adults;
- support access to programs that promote mental and physical health as well as those that address disconnected youth;
- enhance educational opportunities in science, literacy, arts and culture, especially for those that use experiential learning;
- support post-secondary education access and job readiness.
Grantmaking will not exclusively address these desired outcomes, but the Foundation will look for opportunities to contribute to problem-solving and strengthening the systems that address these issues for Norwich youth.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests between $5,000-$15,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants generally must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent.
- Preference is given to programs that:
- are offered by Norwich-based organizations
- are collaborative in nature and are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific and measurable outcomes and affect positive change over the long term.
- We do not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. We do not typically make grants for special events.
- We do not make grants to individuals or to for-profit endeavors.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Regional Impact Grants: Norwich Youth by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.