Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grants
Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Predicted deadline: Sep 22, 2024 1:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $500 - US $15,000
Fields of work: Invasive Species Control
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: Minnesota
Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grant
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) is accepting applications for the Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grant. Counties, municipalities, Tribal nations, and weed management entities (including weed management areas) may apply for grants to address noxious weeds and invasive plants. The MDA anticipates awarding up to $150,000 in grant funding during this granting cycle using a competitive review process. Submitted proposals should be for on-the-ground noxious weed management or equipment purchases that will assist entities long-term with management.
The goal of this appropriation and grant program is to provide financial assistance to Tribal Nations, counties, municipalities, and weed management entities (including weed management areas) for identification, monitoring, education, control, and eradication activities of priority noxious weed species in their jurisdictions.
Preference will be given to projects that Include land management practices that limit erosion, reduce runoff, store water, protects native species, and projects located within a vital ecosystem (e.g., knotweed infestations along waterways, non-native phragmites in a lake).
Applicants may request a maximum award of $15,000 and a minimum award of $500 for an individual project.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- AGRI Agriculture Value-Added Feasibility Study Grant (VAFSG)
- AGRI Beginning Farmer FBM Scholarships
- AGRI Crop Research Grant Program
- Agricultural Chemical Response and Reimbursement Account Grant
- Agricultural Research and Education Council Grant
- AGRI Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Certification Cost Share
- AGRI Livestock Investment Grant
- AGRI Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
- AGRI Minnesota Value Added Grant Program
- AGRI Sustainable Agriculture Demonstration Grant Program
- AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
- Emerging Farmer Technical Assistance Grant
- Farm to School First Bite Mini Grant
- Farm to School Full Tray Grant
- Good Food Access Program (GFAP) Equipment and Physical Improvement Grant
- Good Food Access Program Technical Assistance Grant
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Program Grant
- Meat Education and Training Grant
- MN Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) Rebate
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”