Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
Grant amount: C $90,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 15, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Canada
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 2 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) Program provides support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers. The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians with leading edge scientific and research skills for Canadian industry, government and universities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports
- In addition:
- You must have completed all requirements of your first doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply, or by September 1 of the year of the award announcement
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant work experience in industry or government (experience in a university or its affiliated hospitals, research centres and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you withdraw from the workforce and from active research for maternity leave or to raise a child for at least one year, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to six years
- You can only apply once to the PDF Program
- You may submit only one application per year to one granting agency (NSERC or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research or the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council)
- You can hold your PDF at:Canadian universities;
- provincial research institutions in Canada;
- other appropriate research laboratories in Canada; and
- universities and research institutions abroad.
- You may hold a PDF abroad only if you have received your doctorate from a Canadian university.
- NSERC encourages qualified Aboriginal students who are interested in the program to apply.
- You cannot hold a PDF in Canadian government laboratories or in industrial laboratories across Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Postdoctoral Fellowships Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.