Systematics Research Graduate Supplements Grant
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This supplement is available to you only if you are awarded an Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship, an NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship-Doctoral, an Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship or a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
The purpose of the Systematics Research Graduate Supplements (SRGS) is to:
- Promote graduate research in systematics in Canada
- Encourage and support graduate students to carry out all or part of their research at centres of excellence in systematics research
- Maintain and strengthen the base of expertise for systematics research in Canada
- Provide practical work experience with natural history collections within a professional setting
These supplements provide financial support to high-calibre students working towards a master's or doctoral degree in systematics. The number of supplements available will depend on the sponsoring organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- At the time you apply for a scholarship supplement, you must be studying or planning to study in a university faculty that provides the opportunity to engage in a research project directly related to an area of systematics, such as taxonomy, evolution, biogeography, phylogeny and crystal chemistry within the disciplines of zoology, botany, paleontology, mineralogy.
- A faculty member or staff research scientist from one of the sponsoring organizations must be on your supervisory committee, and you must carry out all or part of your research in conjunction with one of the following organizations:
- Canadian Museum of Nature (Ottawa)
- New Brunswick Museum (Saint John)
- Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History (Halifax)
- Royal British Columbia Museum (Victoria)
- Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology (Drumheller)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Systematics Research Graduate Supplements Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.