Jul 31, 2021
Up to £7,000
Fields of work:
Location of project:
Anywhere in the world
Location of residency:
Between 22 and 45 years of age
Established as travelling awards for farmers in 1947 by the Nuffield Foundation, the NUFFIELD FARMING SCHOLARSHIPS TRUST is now an independent, industry funded charitable organisation. The Trust seeks very special qualities. Approximately 20 awards are made each year to people who work within farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence those industries. The rewards of a Nuffield Scholarship are tremendous, not only for the individual but also for their industry.
Many industry organisations, individuals, companies or charitable bodies sponsor the awards. Some awards are restricted by topic or geographical area. However, candidates are entered for all awards for which they are considered eligible.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence those industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31st July in the year of application).
- The Trust seeks people with very special qualities.
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, but applicants will already be well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post tertiary education.
- Candidates must normally be resident in the UK, hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.