Quarter 4: Art & Culture Grants
NV Energy FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Nevada: Carson City, Churchill County, Douglas County, Elko County, Esmeralda County, Eureka County, Humboldt County, Lander County, Lyon County, Mineral County, Nye County, Pershing County, Storey County, Washoe County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Nevada: Carson City, Churchill County, Douglas County, Elko County, Esmeralda County, Eureka County, Humboldt County, Lander County, Lyon County, Mineral County, Nye County, Pershing County, Storey County, Washoe County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NV Energy Foundation
The NV Energy Foundation is committed to connecting with the community through philanthropic efforts, including civic leadership, financial contributions and volunteerism. Doing so makes our communities better places to live and work, which in turn makes them better places to do business. We measure our success through the eyes of our employees, stakeholders, customers, business partners and neighbors.
- Fund significant programs or initiatives that have lasting, positive impacts in the communities we serve
- Fund initiatives with measurable outcomes and a high degree of funding accountability
- Tie funding more closely to NV Energy's business purpose
- Strengthen relationships with 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and the community at large
- Include the potential for employee volunteer involvement
- Include the potential for collaborations with other organizations or businesses
- Provide higher visibility and recognition opportunities for the NV Energy Foundation
Areas of Focus
Through the NV Energy Foundation, we administer grants in support of projects that benefit four major areas:
- Education/STEM (see grant page)
- Environment/Community Enhancement (see grant page)
- Safety/Wellness (see grant page)
A vibrant arts community demonstrates a vibrant and progressive community. NV Energy supports programs that cultivate the arts and encompass performing and visual arts, dancing, music, theatrical performances, folklife, and cultural activities. Organizations in this category inform, educate, and provide a better understanding and an appreciation for our community's cultural diversity and the role the arts plays in enriching the lives of the communities where we live, work and play.
Project examples: Projects offer arts and cultural education programs to encourage an understanding and awareness of our community's historical, cultural, and economic context.
Our Foundation does not have an established range of amounts. Many factors, including the specific program or project to be funded and the organization making the request, determine funding amounts. Based on past history, the average grant may range between $5,000 and $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recipients of NV Energy Foundation grants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and be located within our service territory in the state of Nevada.
- We do not consider grant requests that support:
- Tickets for contests, raffles or other activities with prizes
- Religious organizations (unless the request specifically supports a program offered to the general public on a non–discriminatory basis and without regard to the recipient’s religious affiliation)
- Film, television or video productions
- Academic chairs or fellowships
- Debt–reduction campaigns
- Political and partisan organizations or events
- Sports leagues and tournaments
- Trips or tours for individuals or groups
- Talent or beauty contests
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Quarter 4: Art & Culture Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.