Collaborative Funding Opportunity with the NYC Green Relief & Recovery Fund Grant
City Parks FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: US $500 - US $100,000
Fields of work: Parks & Public Spaces Greening & Beautification
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County
About this funder:
A recent review by the Central Park Conservancy’s Institute for Urban Parks looked closely at critical parks and open space-related issues in New York City at the request of the NYC Green Fund [see report here]. The resulting report and subsequent discussions with practitioners provided guiding areas to strengthen the parks and open space sector.
The NYC Green Fund focuses on supporting innovation and systemic changes that will enable New York City to manage open space more effectively, equitably, efficiently, and collaboratively.
This funding opportunity involves the contributors to the NYC Green Relief & Recovery Fund (NYC Green Fund) and other foundations. It focuses on supporting innovation and systemic changes that will enable New York City to manage open space more effectively, equitably, efficiently, and collaboratively.
Grants will come from the NYC Green Fund or from participating funders directly. To facilitate separate grants, grantseekers will submit a substantial Letter of Interest (LOI) that contains sufficient information to allow funders to either make a grant or proceed to the next step in their grantmaking process.
Goal of Funding
To support nonprofit coalitions/collaborative efforts from across the parks/ open spaces, health, arts, and environmental justice sectors to address systemic challenges in our parks and open space network in New York City (NYC). The successful coalitions will be able to use these resources to
- educate policymakers on the importance of open space and spur them to provide stable, sufficient funding,
- identify opportunities to improve critical governance processes including capital planning, discretionary contracting, and maintenance/ operations,
- support the development of a more holistic understanding among policymakers and park users of the broad range of benefits and ecosystem services provided by parks and open spaces,
- encourage cross-sectoral collaboration and establish shared services for efficiency, and/or 5) develop recommendations and improve equity in access, capital planning, operations, maintenance, programming, and community engagement in parks.
The ultimate goal of this funding is to raise awareness and increase understanding of the importance of NYC’s parks and open spaces,while supporting needed systemic changes in the sector.
See complete RFP here
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations with operating budgets over $10,000 are eligible for this application to the Fund, with consideration given to budget and staff size, population and community served, amount of parkland maintained, and ability to serve as a resource to other organizations.
- Examples of eligible applicants include:
- Park conservancies and alliances.
- Park programming organizations.
- NYC-based and focused park/open space advocacy organizations.
- Friends of groups with budgets larger than $10k.
- Organizations stewarding open spaces (including gardens, public plazas, water bodies, etc.).
- Capital Expenses.