NYSHF Special Projects Fund Grant
NYS Health FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 17, 2021 10:00am PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Apr 21, 2022 10:00am PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $50,000 - US $400,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine
Applicant type: Nonprofit, For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: New York
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Please note that NYSHealth will award only one round of funding through the Special Projects Fund RFP in 2021.
Special Projects Fund
The New York State Health Foundation (NYSHealth) has a broad mission to improve the health of all New Yorkers, especially the most vulnerable. NYSHealth’s efforts are concentrated on specific priority and focus areas, but to ensure flexibility and responsiveness to other important health issues, the Special Projects Fund supports projects that are outside of those areas. Projects pertaining to the following priority and focus areas will be INELIGIBLE for funding through the Special Projects Fund: Healthy Food, Healthy Lives; Empowering Health Care Consumers; or Veterans’ Health.
All projects supported through this Request for Proposals (RFP) must have an impact on New Yorkers either at a local, regional, or statewide level. Special Projects Fund awards should be considered one-time, nonrenewable funding opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Projects are coordinated interventions over a specified period of time to achieve measurable results.
- Although projects that have impact within one organization or community are eligible, this RFP places emphasis on initiatives that have a large-scale regional or statewide impact on New York State’s health system.
- NYSHealth will consider proposals from existing nonprofit (501[c]) and for-profit organizations with a significant ability to impact New York State.
- Applicant organizations must show that proposed projects further NYSHealth’s mission.
- Projects Not Eligible for Funding:
- Projects that address any of our priority or focus areas: Building Healthy Communities, Empowering Health Care Consumers, and Veterans’ Health.
- Projects that involve funding of ongoing services or activities similar to the normal activities undertaken by an organization.
- Core support/organizational infrastructure. Core support includes baseline operating and administrative costs, board development, staff development unrelated to the project, recouping revenue losses, and fundraising activities.
- Projects that involve the purchase, installation, or upgrade of health information technology systems, including electronic medical records and other equipment.
- Projects that are biomedical research-oriented.
- Projects that focus on lobbying.
- Capital expenses (e.g., buildings, vehicles, rent)
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”