OC-CNPS: The Acorn Grant
California Native Plant Society: Orange County ChapterSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $150 - US $400
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Orange County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Purpose: We realize that the future health and diversity of our state’s flora will depend upon the youth of today. It is hoped that given engaging educational opportunities, students will begin to appreciate how mankind fits within the network of ecology, biology, and of course, botany. The purpose of the Acorn Grant is to encourage such understanding.
Goal: The Acorn Grant targets Orange County students in Kindergarten through 12th grades to acquaint them with Southern California’s rich plant diversity and habitats.
Examples of programs that might be funded include:
- class visits by qualified personnel who incur expenses related to the visit;
- purchase of materials for simple botany experiments involving native plants;
- funding of school gardens that highlight native plants; and
- instructive field trips to native gardens or to natural areas where the role of native plants is explored.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Acorn Grant targets Orange County students in Kindergarten through 12th grades to acquaint them with Southern California’s rich plant diversity and habitats.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OC-CNPS: The Acorn Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.