OCCF: Parks & Public Space Initiative/Margaret Annis Boy Trust Grant
Oklahoma City Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $40,500
Deadline: Jul 14, 2018 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
Location of residency: Oklahoma County, OklahomaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Prior to receiving an application to apply, applicants must contact staff by phone no later than the "Letter of Inquiry" deadline to ensure your project is within the scope of the Parks Initiative Grant criteria.
The Parks & Public Spaces/Margaret Annis Boys Trust Grants support the development of parks and other outdoor spaces to meet the health, cultural and recreational needs of citizens in Oklahoma County. The grants will support planning, implementation and/or program development to encourage use of neighborhood and community public parks or spaces open to the public.
Goals and Objectives
- To increase utilization of neighborhood parks, neighborhood school parks, trails and other spaces open to the public for recreation, cultural and health improvement.
- To improve parks, trails and public spaces while providing programming consistent with the priorities identified in the 2013 Oklahoma City Parks Master Plan.
- To engage community groups, neighborhoods, corporations, municipalities and other nonprofit organizations in improving our neighborhood parks, school parks and trails and the programs that are in them.
- To increase community stewardship of parks, school parks, trails and public spaces.
Funds provided by the Oklahoma City Community Foundation in support of identified parks projects or programs will be held in escrow and will be distributed as expenses are incurred.
Oklahoma City Community Foundation staff members will lend expertise in horticulture, landscaping, planning and programming in support of each park project and program from start to finish in addition to the funding.
Grant awards will vary dependent on size and complexity of the projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Neighborhood and community groups and churches connected to parks, schools, trails and other public spaces are eligible to apply.
- Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides direct services and has a governing board based in Oklahoma County is eligible to apply.
- Local government agencies or state and city-connected agencies may apply.
- Projects and programs must take place in an Oklahoma County-located park or publicly-used space (park-like school grounds, trails) and must be consistent with what the 2013 Oklahoma City Parks Master Plan
- Priorities for projects to be considered:
- Meet an identified public need in a publicly accessible area.
- Engage user groups and involve surrounding neighborhoods to accomplish goals.
- Are in an existing park, trail, school park or publicly-used space within Oklahoma County.
- Are supported by and benefit a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Are consistent with the 2013 Oklahoma City Parks Master Plan strategies (occf.org/okcparksplan).
- Have a clear and feasible plan, vision and budget.
- Are ready for work and performable within the next year after identification as a funded project or program.
- Have groups involved who contribute both volunteer hours and financial resources beyond what is provided by the Oklahoma City Community Foundation to the projects and programs.
- Have physical improvements that include appropriate location, installation and maintenance plans.
- Have a clear evaluation component to review the success of the projects and programs and ensure continued maintenance and sustainability.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OCCF: Parks & Public Space Initiative/Margaret Annis Boy Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.