OCCF: Partnership for the Care of our Environment Grant
Orange County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 24, 2019 4:30pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Orange County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Orange County Community Foundation is pleased to continue its support of environment education programs and the creation or support of trails and open space.
- Hands-on education programs, delivered in coordination with school science curriculum, to students either in class or in the field by environmental organizations. Preference may be given to programs that encourage and incorporate parental involvement.
- Programs that increase awareness and understanding about energy, water, conservation of natural resources and other pressing resource issues which prepare children and adults to effectively address these issues throughout their lives.
- Creation or support of urban parks, gardens, greenways, trails and rivers.
- Development or support of environmental sustainability programs – e.g. hydroponics, development of innovative drought solutions, programs that reduce waste.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be nonprofit public benefit corporations exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Codes, because they are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and have been in existence for at least four years.
- Applicants must be located in, or have programs operating within, the service area of the County of Orange and/or its incorporated cities, or have a majority of clients residing in Orange County.
- Applicants must operate without illegal discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- If you are a previous or current OCCF grantee, all reporting requirements must be current or your organization will not be considered for funding.
- Applicants must have an approved profile on Nonprofit Central.
- Grant funds may be used for:
- Implementation of a new program
- Continuation or expansion of a program, if able to document history of compelling, quantified impact
- Personnel, facility, supplies, equipment, and other direct expenses essential to the project
- Community outreach/publicity to targeted clients
- Staff or volunteer training
- Indirect costs, but an explanation must be provided justifying the need
- Grant funds may not be used for*:
- Annual fund drives
- Underwriting or sponsoring social or special events
- Telethons, or similar fund-raising activities
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Academic or scientific research projects
- More than 25% of organization annual budget
- Endowment campaigns
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OCCF: Partnership for the Care of our Environment Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.