Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County Expand all
Location of residency: New JerseyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a Major Grant must first submit a Letter of Interest (LOI). Organizations that have not previously received a grant from OceanFirst Foundation should first contact the Foundation office to be screened for eligibility.
OceanFirst Foundation Grantmaking
OceanFirst Foundation concentrates its grantmaking around four core priority areas:
- Health and Wellness
- Improving Quality of Life
- Youth Development
In addition, grants are made to support emerging community needs and special initiatives consistent with the priorities of the Foundation. All organizations that are interested in applying for a grant should carefully read the information available on the website about the Foundation’s programs and priority areas.
Requests for Major Grants – those more than $5,000 for program or project support – must address one of the Foundation’s priorities and applicants must be able to demonstrate a significant impact within the OceanFirst footprint. Organizations may request one major grant per year and if the request is declined, the organization must wait one year before reapplying to the Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Please note that all Major Grant applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- In addition, organizations must be registered in the State of NJ as a charity and perform a certified annual audit if they are required to do so by the State.
- The Foundation, in general, does not fund outside these specific strategic areas or provide support to organizations that cannot demonstrate a significant level of service within the OceanFirst Bank footprint.
- OceanFirst Foundation cannot provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Religious congregations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Sports leagues/teams
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Major Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.