Oceanside Charitable Foundation Grant
The San Diego FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 27, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Our purpose is to grow a vibrant region across San Diego County, an effort that relies on the strong work and collaboration of nonprofits, businesses, local government and community leaders.
Mission and Purpose
The purpose of The Oceanside Charitable Foundation (OCF), an affiliate of The San Diego Foundation (TSDF), is to improve and preserve the quality of life in Oceanside by:
- Increasing responsible and effective philanthropy
- Providing funds annually to Oceanside projects and programs
- Building an Oceanside community endowment
- Giving the Oceanside community a vehicle for legacy planning and gifts that benefit Oceanside now and forever
OCF invites 501(c)(3) public charities and governmental agencies serving Oceanside to submit applications focusing on “human services” programs for youth aged 13-18.
Focus Area: Human Services
For this 2019 grant cycle, Oceanside Charitable Foundation (OCF) is seeking applications for human services programs concentrating on youth aged 13-18, such as employment development, financial literacy, volunteerism and economic self-sufficiency.
Projects will build and/or strengthen one or more of the following elements:
- OCF encourages projects that demonstrate collaborative efforts
- Projects must have prospects for long-term sustainability (future funding, viability, etc.)
- Have a sustainable impact, offering measurable/scalable outcomes and ongoing verifiable benefit(s) to the community or the population served
- Be innovative or encourage innovation
- Have competent, experienced and credible organizational leadership in place
- Be culturally appropriate and sensitive
- Initiates or fosters collaboration with other community organizations
- Demonstrates collaborative efforts
Grants in the amounts of $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 and $25,000 are encouraged.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Grants must be administered by a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or an organization that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3), a school, or other government agency.
- If an organization is using a fiscal sponsor, a cooperative relationship between the two must be clearly demonstrated.
- The project must be achievable within a 12-month time frame.
- The Foundation does not make grants to supporting organizations or private, non-operating foundations.
- OCF does not fund and will not consider applications for:
- Ongoing salaries and benefits
- Capital or annual campaigns
- Existing obligations/debt
- Projects that promote religious or political doctrine
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Oceanside Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.