Oceanside Charitable Foundation Grant
The San Diego Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 21, 2018 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our purpose is to grow a vibrant region across San Diego County, an effort that relies on the strong work and collaboration of nonprofits, businesses, local government and community leaders.
Mission and Purpose
The purpose of The Oceanside Charitable Foundation (OCF), an affiliate of The San Diego Foundation (TSDF), is to improve and preserve the quality of life in Oceanside by increasing responsible and effective philanthropy; providing funds annually to Oceanside projects and programs; building an Oceanside community endowment; and giving the Oceanside community a vehicle for legacy planning and gifts that benefit Oceanside now and forever.
OCF is committed to the financial support of organizations, projects and programs dedicated to improving the lives of those who live, work and play within the geographic boundaries of the City of Oceanside.
OCF invites governmental agencies and 501(c)(3) non-profit public charities serving Oceanside to submit applications with the focus on the broad topic of “Community Engagement”.
For this 2018 grant cycle, The Foundation is seeking applications for programs where individuals and organizations come together to develop the community they envision. Successful applications will present programs that enhance, beautify, educate, engage and/or promote tolerance in the Oceanside community and which have an enduring impact on our city. Please be very specific in your responses rather than using generalities.
Grants in the amounts of $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 and $25,000 will be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Grants must be administered by a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or an organization that is fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3), a school, or other government agency.
- If an organization is using a fiscal sponsor, a cooperative relationship between the two must be clearly demonstrated.
- The project must be achievable within a 12-month time frame.
- Projects will build and/or strengthen one or more of the following elements:
- The Foundation encourages projects that demonstrate collaborative efforts
- Project must have prospects for long-term sustainability (future funding, viability, etc.)
- Have a sustainable impact, offering measurable/scalable outcomes and ongoing verifiable benefit(s) to the community or the population served
- Be innovative or encourage innovation
- Have competent, experienced, and credible organizational leadership in place
- Be culturally appropriate and sensitive
- Initiate or fosters collaboration with other community organizations; and
- Demonstrate collaborative efforts
- The Foundation does not make grants to supporting organizations or private, non-operating foundations.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Oceanside Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.