Division of Wildlife: Aquatic Education Grant
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
Each year, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife allocates funds received from the Sport Fish Restoration Act to be awarded as Aquatic Education Grants. The Aquatic Education Grant is designed to increase aquatic stewardship and sportfishing participation. You may use the funds on insurance, picnic supplies/refreshments, live bait and terminal fishing tackle, advertisement flyers and brochures for the scheduled event, special population supplies, and services (interpreters, adaptive equipment).
- Applicants must provide a minimum of 25 percent matching funds for the proposed project.
- Volunteer labor is the only acceptable form of matching funds for this grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants:
- Park and recreation departments
- Conservation groups
- Local governments
- Other non-profit organizations
- Grants will only be issued to non-profit or governmental organizations.
- Multiple agencies may work cooperatively to conduct a program or event, but only one grant application may be submitted.
- Aquatic or angler education program within the state of Ohio
- The project must include an opportunity for the participants to engage in an aquatic education learning experience. Examples of activities include:
- Passport to Fishing
- Water quality monitoring
- Fish hatchery tour
- The project must include a hands-on fishing opportunity
- Programs may consist of a single event or
- No grants will be issued for overhead costs, program administration (i.e., staff wages), planning or research.
- Prize items are also an ineligible expense.
- Food and beverage expenses greater than 20 percent of the total funding request will not be permitted.
- Transportation expenses greater than 20 percent of the total funding request will not
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Division of Wildlife: Aquatic Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.