Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BigP) Tier I
Ohio Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
The BIG Program was created to provide funding for construction of facilities that will enhance boating for non-trailerable recreational boats when such boats are in transient status.
- Funds are awarded as a reimbursement grant
- Funding instrument: cooperative agreement
- These federal funds can be used to reimburse up to 75% of the approved project costs. The remaining "matching" funds must come from state or local sources.
- Tier I:
- Annual maximum of $100,000 is available to each applying state
- Designed for smaller projects that add transient boating infrastructure to the area
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Basic Eligibility
- Public and private agencies and marinas and other facilities that provide transient tie-up opportunities for non-trailerable (26' or over in length) recreational boats.
- Project Eligiblity
- Eligible facilities include:
- Mooring buoys
- Navigational aids (channel markers, buoys, directional information)
- Transient slips (slips that boaters with non-trailerable recreational vessels occupy for no more than 10 consecutive days)
- Safe harbors for transients
- Floating docks and fixed piers
- Floating and fixed breakwaters
- Retaining walls
- Dockside utilities
- Pump out stations
- Recycling and trash receptacles
- Dockside electric service
- Dockside water supplies
- Dockside pay telephones
- Debris deflection booms
- Marine fueling stations
- Initial, one-time-only dredging, only to provide transient vessels with safe channel depths to the transient facility
- Additional details about Eligible Projects can be found here.
- Funds may not be used for:
- Routine, custodial and/or janitorial maintenance activities
- Construction of slips for long term rental (more than 10 days)
- Construction or maintenance of facilities designed for trailerable boats
- Maintenance dredging
- Dry land storage or haul out facilities
- Activities or construction that does not provide public benefit
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BigP) Tier I by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.