Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BigP) Tier II
Ohio Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $8,000,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
The BIG Program was created to provide funding for construction of facilities that will enhance boating for non-trailerable recreational boats when such boats are in transient status.
- Funds are awarded as a reimbursement grant
- Funding instrument: cooperative agreement
- These federal funds can be used to reimburse up to 75% of the approved project costs. The remaining "matching" funds must come from state or local sources.
- Tier II:
- Remainder of the BIG Program annual funding ($8 million nationally, less whatever is awarded under Tier I) is typically awarded to larger projects
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Basic Eligibility
- Public and private agencies and marinas and other facilities that provide transient tie-up opportunities for non-trailerable (26' or over in length) recreational boats.
- Project Eligiblity
- Eligible facilities include:
- Mooring buoys
- Navigational aids (channel markers, buoys, directional information)
- Transient slips (slips that boaters with non-trailerable recreational vessels occupy for no more than 10 consecutive days)
- Safe harbors for transients
- Floating docks and fixed piers
- Floating and fixed breakwaters
- Retaining walls
- Dockside utilities
- Pump out stations
- Recycling and trash receptacles
- Dockside electric service
- Dockside water supplies
- Dockside pay telephones
- Debris deflection booms
- Marine fueling stations
- Initial, one-time-only dredging, only to provide transient vessels with safe channel depths to the transient facility
- Additional informations about Eligible Projects can be found here.
- Funds cannot be used for:
- Routine, custodial and/or janitorial maintenance activities;
- Construction of slips for long term rental (more than 10 days);
- Construction or maintenance of facilities designed for trailerable boats;
- Maintenance dredging;
- Dry land storage or haul out facilities; or
- Activities or construction that does not provide public benefit.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BigP) Tier II by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.