Clean Ohio Trails Fund Grant
Ohio Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $850,000
Deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
The Clean Ohio Trails Fund works to improve outdoor recreational opportunities for Ohioans by funding trails for outdoor pursuits of all kinds.
This is a reimbursement program that provides up to 75% project funding. The recipient must provide not less than 25 percent of the project cost.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Local governments, park and joint recreation districts, conservancy districts, soil and water conservation districts, and non-profit organizations are eligible:
- Cities, villages, counties, townships
- Special districts such as park districts, joint recreation boards and conservancy districts
- Jointly sponsored projects between political subdivisions
- Non-profit organizations
- The following types of projects are eligible:
- Construction/development of recreational trails. Emphasis on linear trails.
- Purchase of land or interests in land for recreational trails
- Construction/development of trailhead facilities such as parking, shelters associated with a trail, water, sanitary and access facilities associated with trails, if such facilities are a relatively small component of a trail construction project.
- Planning, support or certain non-construction ancillary costs associated with a recreational trail project may be eligible for COTF assistance.
- These include, but are not limited to, appraisals, title work, surveys, engineering design costs, environmental assessments, and archaeological surveys. These costs are not eligible as a standalone project.
- For more detail about acquisition or development/construction projects, see pages 9 - 10 of the Grant Program Information and Application.
- Items of value, such as contributions of land, easements or other interests in land, eligible labor, or eligible materials may be considered as contributing toward the percentage of the cost of a recreational trail project that must be provided by the grant recipient (project sponsor).
- For more detail about allowable costs, see pages 7 - 9 of the Grant Program Information and Application.
- Ineligible projects:
- Appropriation of land, rights, right-of-way, franchises, easements or other property through the exercise of the right of eminent domain.
- Non-capital costs associated with a trail project (ex. master planning, administration costs, trailheads, etc.)
- Maintenance costs for trails.
- Purchase or long term lease of recreational trail construction and maintenance equipment.
- Projects with a useful life of less than 15 years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Clean Ohio Trails Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.