Coastal & Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP)
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) provides federal funding to state and local groups for land acquisition and conservation easement from willing sellers. The coastal and estuarine land being acquired must have significant conservation, recreation, ecological, historical or aesthetic values, or be threatened by conversion from its natural or recreational state to other uses.
In the Great Lakes region, the Program also seeks to advance the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) goals of delisting Areas of Concern and protecting and restoring Great Lakes aquatic and terrestrial habitats.
Agencies and local governments apply through the Office of
Coastal Management for CELCP grants for purchasing or obtaining conservation
easements on significant coastal and estuarine lands within Ohio's portion of
the Lake Erie watershed.
The following is a summary of CELCP funding goals. Proposals should:
- Reflect the priorities identified in Ohio’s federally approved CELCP Plan (with Maps).
- Protect important coastal and estuarine areas that have significant conservation, recreation, ecological, historical, or aesthetic values, or that are threatened by conversion from their natural or recreational state to other uses.
- Advance the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) goals of delisting Areas of Concern and protecting and restoring Great Lakes aquatic and terrestrial habitats.
- Grants may be awarded for acquisition of fee simple interests in lands or conservation easements from willing sellers.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must provide at least 50% of the total project costs as non-federal match (referred to as a 1:1 match).
- Projects must be from willing sellers.
- Groups that may apply:
- Local governments and state agencies, as defined in 15 CFR 24.3.
- Local governments, area-wide agencies designated under section 3334 of title 42, regional agencies, or interstate agencies eligible for assistance under section 306A(e) of the Coastal Zone Management Act (16 USC 1455a (e)).
- 1 percent of the federal dollars requested must be allocated for ODNR Office of Coastal Management administration costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Coastal & Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.