Ohio's National Archery in the Schools Program
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Suggest an update
Up to US $2,500
Elementary / Secondary School
Education / Outreach
Location of project:
Location of residency:
Need help writing this grant?
What is NASP?
Ohio’s National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) is a school curriculum taught during physical education classes for a two-week period. The program is designed to teach International target archery skills to elementary, middle, and high school students. The program curriculum is already written and meets or exceeds national physical education standards. The core content covers archery safety, equipment, technique, mental concentration, and self-improvement. The program positively influences student attendance, behavior, self-esteem, confidence, and on task behavior. NASP transcends gender, racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds and provides an equal learning opportunity to all students by utilizing standardized equipment, training, and implementation.
Students become a part of something, they feel good about themselves; have improved self-esteem; and improved confidence. For many students that results in increased participation in their school. For many that means increased attendance, improved grades, and a decrease in disciplinary issues.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Teachers must attend a one-day Basic Archery Instructor training class to become certified before presenting the archery course to their students.
- Once your school has been certified and trained each school will be eligible for grants.
- Grant qualification
- Your program must be the National Archery in the Schools Program curriculum.
- One or more of your teachers must have attended a NASP Basic Archery Instructor certification training and been certified as a BAI instructor prior to submitting the grant application.
- Your program must be incorporated as a component of the in-school physical education curriculum at your school.
- You must agree to submit a final report at www.naspbai.org annually on the total number of students that participated, total hours of instruction, names of those that instructed the program and assisted with instruction, and a short summary of the students and instructor feedback regarding the course.
- Your program must include the opportunity for all students to participate.
- These subsidy agreements will provide 75% of all startup costs up to $2500.00. The remaining 25% must be provided by the grantee in the form of non-federal match dollars.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ohio's National Archery in the Schools Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.