Ohio DNR Rod and Reel Grant
Ohio Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This grant is designed to replace the rod and reel program. The Rod and Reel grant is for certified Passport to Fishing Instructors that are working with an organization to promote fishing and aquatic education.
Certified instructors can get one grant of up to $2,500.00 per year. The instructors can only use this grant for rods and reels in a Passport to Fishing or similar event.
The Rod and Reel Grant Program is designed to provide fishing equipment to increase aquatic stewardship and sport fishing participation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Schools, park and recreation departments, conservation groups, local governments, and other organizations that have Federal Tax ID Number and a trained Passport to Fishing Instructor that want to sponsor an angler education program within the State of Ohio are eligible.
- Multiple agencies may work cooperatively to conduct a program or event, but only one grant application may be submitted per event.
- The event must include a passport to fishing class that participants engage in an aquatic and angling education learning experience.
- The project must include a hands-on fishing opportunity.
- All other events will be reviewed by the Division of Wildlife
- Grants funds must be used to provide rods and reels for a Passport to Fishing Program.
- Any other expenses will be denied.
- All activities supported by the Division of Wildlife must be open to all citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, mobility, visual disabilities, or learning disabilities.
- Risk management and safety considerations, however, may limit active participation by some age or ability groups.
- Programs consisting of all R3 components (recruitment, retention and reactivation) are highly recommended. Information regarding R3 and The Outdoor Recreation Adoption Model can be found here.
- Private individuals are not allowed to apply
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ohio DNR Rod and Reel Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.