Step Outside Grant
Ohio Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Ohio
Location of residency: OhioView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply for the grant?
- Schools, park and recreation departments, conservation groups, local governments, and other organizations that have Federal Tax ID Number and want to sponsor fishing, hunting, trapping, archery and shooting sports within Ohio are eligible.
- Multiple agencies may work cooperatively to conduct a program or event.
- The grant applicant is responsible for contract administration, permitting, fund management and final report submission.
- Activities and events must have an educational value and include a hands-on experience.
- What are some examples of expenses that grant money be used for?
- Picnic supplies/refreshments
- Ammunition, shooting supplies, targets and clay targets
- Live bait and terminal fishing tackle
- Advertisement flyers and brochures for the scheduled event
- Special population supplies and services (interpreters, adaptive equipment)
- All activities supported by the ODNR Division of Wildlife must be open to all citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, mobility, visual disabilities, or learning disabilities. Risk management and safety considerations, however, may limit active participation by some age or ability groups.
- Activities supported through the grant must include a minimum of 25 participants OR be open to the public. A ratio of one instructor for every five participants is recommended.
- What type of programming is preferred?
- Programs consisting of all R3 components (recruitment, retention and reactivation) are highly recommended.
- Activities involving competition are not eligible.
- Private individuals are not eligible
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Step Outside Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.