OK AEDP: Basic and Applied Research Grant
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and ForestrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 1, 2020, Oct 1, 2020, Jan 1, 2021
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Oklahoma
Location of residency: United States
Age restriction: At least 21 years of ageView website Save
Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program
The Oklahoma Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program provides funds in the form of 0% interest loans or grants for the purpose of expanding the state's value added processing sector and to encourage farm diversification. Funds, provided on a cost-share basis, must be used for marketing and utilization, cooperative marketing, farm diversification and basic and applied research. All funding proposals must clearly demonstrate the ability to directly benefit Oklahoma farmers and ranchers. Proposals are evaluated by a ten member Advisory Board with their recommendations for funding submitted to the Oklahoma State Board of Agriculture.
Funds must be used to produce alternative ag products or process and/or market Oklahoma ag products. Activities must create rural economic development, and indicate the probability of success.
Basic & Applied Research Loan/Grant
This loan is available to individuals or entities wanting to conduct research for the purpose of business creation or expansion focusing on agricultural products or by-products.
- Applicants should focus research on use and processing of agricultural products and by-products.
- Applicants should develop the expanded use of technology for processing of agricultural products and by-products in Oklahoma.
- Application must not be aimed at business expansion or creation without regard to agricultural products use, must not include research that cannot reasonably be expected to result in a marketable product or cannot already have been duplicated by other research.
- Applications should exhibit thoughtful planning, expansion of jobs in rural areas and a reasonable opportunity for commercialization.
A royalty on the sale or lease of any product, process or service developed from the research conducted by the loan or grant may be paid to the Oklahoma Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program. Royalty agreements shall be negotiated at the time of the loan or grant contract and shall be structured so that a portion of the investment of public funds can be recovered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their proposals at least 6 months prior to their anticipated start time.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and shall reside and be a legal resident of Oklahoma.
- Each application will be considered on an individual basis and on its own merits.
- A 15 minute oral presentation to the Board is required.
- Preference is given to applicants whose:
- industrial and non-food production processes use ag products
- food, feed and fiber products and uses are innovative and add value to ag products
- applications demonstrate a high probability of job creation and return-on-investment
- proposals feature research that is innovative as well as commercially plausible
- proposals demonstrate a high probability of rapid commercialization
- projects demonstrate a commitment for funding from other private or public sources or from the applicant
- proposals center efforts on rural locales
- principals are individuals, a group of individuals, an individual on behalf of a group or corporations that meet the criteria set forth: to market a product or formulate or implement a marketing plan for products not marketed through existing cooperatives
- proposals must have potential to create additional income for the farm unit
- proposals must provide new, innovative plans for marketing the product
- The application must not be aimed at business expansion or creation without regard to agricultural products utilization, must not include research that cannot reasonably be expected to result in a marketable product, or cannot already have been duplicated by other research efforts.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OK AEDP: Basic and Applied Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.