OK AEDP: Farm Diversification Grant
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and ForestrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Jul 1, 2019, Oct 1, 2019, Jan 2, 2020
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Nonprofit Working Professional
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Oklahoma
Location of residency: Oklahoma
Age restriction: At least 21 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program
The Oklahoma Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program provides funds in the form of 0% interest loans or grants for the purpose of expanding the state's value added processing sector and to encourage farm diversification. Funds, provided on a cost-share basis, must be used for marketing and utilization, cooperative marketing, farm diversification and basic and applied research. All funding proposals must clearly demonstrate the ability to directly benefit Oklahoma farmers and ranchers. Proposals are evaluated by a ten member Advisory Board with their recommendations for funding submitted to the Oklahoma State Board of Agriculture.
Funds must be used to produce alternative ag products or process and/or market Oklahoma ag products. Activities must create rural economic development, and indicate the probability of success.
Farm Diversification Grant
Projects should deal with the diversification of a family farm, ranch or agritourism venue to non-traditional crops or livestock, on-farm processing of agricultural commodities or development of an agritourism venue that will promote access to a new market. Projects cannot be an extension or expansion of existing operations and must show potential to create additional income for the farm unit.
Proposals must demonstrate a well-prepared action plan, and markets must have been researched and possible income must be projected.
New and innovative plans for marketing products must be evident.
A sound business plan must show potential profits from diversifying.
Applicants must receive an endorsement from individuals who are professionals/specialists in the field the applicant is applying. Advisors must be willing to assist the applicant in fulfilling the project and have reviewed the application and be willing to answer questions if contacted.
Grants are available in three levels not to exceed $10,000.
- Grants $2,500 or less requires no matching funds.
- Grants $2,501 - $5,000 requires some level of cash or in-kind match in funds.
- Grants $5,001 - $10,000 requires a dollar for dollar cash match.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available to anyone who is currently involved in farming, ranching or agritourism and would like to diversify their family farming operation or agritourism venture.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and shall reside and be a legal resident of Oklahoma.
- Projects must be for non-traditional crops or livestock, on-farm processing of agricultural commodities or agritourism ventures.
- Preference is given to applicants whose:
- industrial and non-food production processes use ag products
- food, feed and fiber products and uses are innovative and add value to ag products
- applications demonstrate a high probability of job creation and return-on-investment
- proposals feature research that is innovative as well as commercially plausible
- proposals demonstrate a high probability of rapid commercialization
- projects demonstrate a commitment for funding from other private or public sources or from the applicant
- proposals center efforts on rural locales
- principals are individuals, a group of individuals, an individual on behalf of a group or corporations that meet the criteria set forth: to market a product or formulate or implement a marketing plan for products not marketed through existing cooperatives
- proposals must have potential to create additional income for the farm unit
- proposals must provide new, innovative plans for marketing the product
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OK AEDP: Farm Diversification Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.