Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security
Agropolis FondationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2021 2:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit For-Profit Business College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
This year Agropolis Foundation has launched the second edition of Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security in partnership with global agri-business Olam International, which will be judged and awarded in conjunction with the fourth edition of the Agropolis Louis Malassis International Scientific Prize for Agriculture and Food.
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating across the value chain in 70 countries. From first procuring cashews in Nigeria 26 years ago, Olam has evolved to have a direct sourcing and processing presence in most major producing countries in the Northern and Southern hemispheres, and now holds leadership positions in many of its businesses including rice, cocoa, coffee and edible nuts.
The Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security (hereafter referred to as ‘the Prize’) aims to recognise an outstanding innovation for its potential impact on the availability, affordability, accessibility and adequacy of food. The Prize will support the innovation’s further development and contribution to global food security, in support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal #2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
The Prize will be given to a research project for an outstanding innovation with a significant impact on food security focusing on any region, environment, crop or part of the supply chain.
About the Prize
- The Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security will be made to a research project in recognition of an outstanding innovation for its achieved or potential impact on food security.
- Olam defines food security as the 4 As: the Availability, Affordability, Accessibility and Adequacy of food.
- The Prize is intended to help take existing research project to the next phase of development or to scale up innovations with a practical application that will enhance global food security.
- The winner of the Prize will receive US$ 50,000 (including VAT where applicable) which is to be spent on furthering the research project and/or scaling up its impact
- The winning team will also have the potential to work with Olam to develop the practical application of their innovation in the company’s supply chains or with Olam’s R&D teams.
- This is at the discretion of Olam and the winning team, and will not affect the eligibility of the Applications.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research projects in plant science, soil science, nutritional science, agricultural sciences or other field of scientific research impacting food security will be considered for the Prize.
- Applicants will be considered from academic or research organisations, civil society organisations and the private sector.
- The research can be based anywhere in the world, and can be focussed on innovation for food security in developed and/or developing countries.
- The research project must be ongoing, and have enough evidence of achieved or potential impact to fulfil the judging criteria
- Research into the genetic modification of organisms is not eligible for the Prize.
- Olam employees are not eligible for the Prize.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.