OMNOVA Solutions Foundation Grant
OMNOVA SolutionsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Gordon County, Georgia, Worcester County, Massachusetts, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Union County, North Carolina, Counties in Ohio: Cuyahoga County, Portage County, Summit County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Schuylkill County, Westmoreland County, Chester County, South Carolina, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Brown County, Wisconsin Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Our endowed Foundation serves as the primary tool for supporting our local communities and encouraging our employees to do so, as well. The Foundation’s highest giving priority is education, because we want to motivate our future leaders and workers to gain the desire, knowledge and career skills required for corporations like ours to succeed and maintain a competitive edge.
We support academic levels from kindergarten through twelfth grade, colleges and universities, and certain scholastic programs in the areas in which we operate. We also support specific projects undertaken by non-profit organizations that enhance community health and welfare, civic projects such as urban renewal, drug and crime prevention and community awareness programs, and those that enrich the arts and promote cultural diversity. Funding preference is given to community projects that involve OMNOVA Solutions employees and requests that are recommended by the Foundation coordinators at each of our locations. We fund projects and programs conducted by organizations that demonstrate competency and effectiveness, and require information on how they will be evaluated and measured against their goals.
We encourage our employees to support their communities through a donation matching program and our Employee Community Leadership Award, which recognizes OMNOVA employees for going the extra mile and provides grant funding to the non-profit organization with which the employee is actively involved.
OMNOVA Foundation Grant Categories
Education is the OMNOVA Solutions Foundation's highest priority. Grants are provided to support:
- K thru 12 schools, to address specific improvements and opportunities in reading and economic literacy, and math and science
- School-to-work readiness
- Initiatives that encourage professional development for teachers
- Parental involvement
- Adult literacy
Health and Welfare
The OMNOVA Solutions Foundation recognizes United Way as the most meaningful, cost-effective way to support most health and human service organizations. Support is also provided to:
- Selected disaster relief programs
- Special projects by human service organizations focused on education or health and supportive of clearly defined community needs
- Hospitals, in limited, targeted and pro-active ways
Foundation support extends to civic projects that address important issues designed to improve the quality of life in communities where OMNOVA employees work and live. These include:
- Select urban renewal projects, working collaboratively with community leaders and organizations
- Programs that address drug and crime prevention and safety issues
- Select projects which promote community awareness of key issues and community educational opportunities
Arts and Culture
The Foundation provides limited support to arts and cultural institutions and activities that offer opportunities to enrich the quality of life for employees and communities, including:
- Organizations and programs that promote cultural diversity
- Performances and events that broaden awareness and appreciation for the arts
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The OMNOVA Solutions Foundation supports non-profit, tax-exempt organizations, established for public use, which hold an active 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- While the OMNOVA Solutions Foundation funds a limited number of national projects, priority emphasis is placed on organizations in those North American communities where OMNOVA conducts business.
- These communities are listed here.
- The Foundation funds organizations that demonstrate competency and effectiveness.
- Organizations seeking and receiving funds from the Foundation must provide information on how projects will be evaluated and measured and report on the progress of those projects.
- Funding preference is given to community projects that involve OMNOVA Solutions employees and requests that are recommended by the Foundation coordinators at OMNOVA North American facilities.
- While some unrestricted funding is provided, the Foundation prefers to fund specific projects.
- OMNOVA Solutions Foundation does not support:
- Individuals, private foundations, fraternal, social, labor or veterans organizations
- Organizations that discriminate because of race, color, creed or national origin
- Political parties, candidates or lobbying activities
- Organizations and programs that might pose a potential conflict of interest for OMNOVA
- Courtesy advertising, benefits, raffle tickets and other fund raising events involving purchases of tables, tickets or advertisements
- Houses of worship
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OMNOVA Solutions Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.