Onslow Caring Communities Foundation Grants
North Carolina Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $750 - US $3,000
Deadline: Apr 23, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Onslow County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Onslow County, North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
North Carolina Community Foundation’s Community Grantmaking Program funds the work of charitable organizations that serve 67 counties within our statewide affiliate network.
NCCF affiliates are organized by regions, each with an assigned NCCF regional director who facilitates and supports the board’s grantmaking process.
Onslow Caring Communities Foundation
The Foundation is seeking proposals from Onslow County nonprofit organizations in support of the following purposes:
Onslow County Unrestricted Endowment
Up to $16,000 will be distributed towards organizations in support of broad charitable purposes. Grant awards typically range from $750 to $3,000. Larger amounts will be considered for projects or initiatives with the potential to achieve significant positive impact for Onslow County.
Dallas Fred Allen Endowment
Up to $20,000 will be distributed towards organizations whose services, programs or mission benefit animals, their humane treatment and support animal welfare solely within Onslow County. Non-profit organizations must have operated in Onslow County in 2014 to be eligible for funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- General North Carolina Community Foundation requirements:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools). An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support.
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within our affiliate network will be considered.
- If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Onslow Caring Communities Foundation Affiliate Requirements:
- Dallas Fred Allen Endowment: Non-profit organizations must have operated in Onslow County in 2014 to be eligible for funding.
- Strong consideration will be given to projects that build capacity though board training, staff development, strategic planning, and efforts that promote sustainable funding for the organization.
- Collaborative efforts are strongly encouraged.
- Grants are not available for capital campaigns, capital improvements, out-of-state travel or for individuals.
- Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Onslow Caring Communities Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.