IESO Conservation Fund
Independent Electricity System Operator
Grant amount: Up to C $1,000,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 31, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Conservation Fund provides financial support for innovative electricity conservation technologies, practices, research, and programs that will help Ontario reach its long-term energy conservation goals.
Conservation Fund Overview
The Conservation Fund supports innovative conservation technologies, practices, research and programs that have the potential to deliver significant energy savings. Since 2005, the Conservation Fund has provided financial support for more than 200 innovative energy projects across Ontario.
The Fund seeks projects that will lead to large-scale transformation in the marketplace or a change in consumer behaviour; projects that demonstrate the energy saving potential of emerging technologies and investigate novel conservation concepts.
The maximum project length for Conservation Fund financial support is three years. Funding is provided for up to a specified maximum percentage of project costs depending on project type.
Applications for projects designed to develop or pilot innovative conservation technologies, practices, research and programs are welcome under the Conservation Fund.
Eligible projects can focus on one of the following categories:
- Community of practice
- Strategic research
- Emerging technology development
- Emerging technology demonstration
- Strategic opportunities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Both non-profit and for-profit incorporated entities can apply for funding, including:
- Local hydro companies
- Technology companies
- Consulting firms
- Industry associations
- Educational institutions
- Public sector organizations
- Eligible expenses:
- Project-specific materials, equipment, products and services
- Salaries and benefits of employees directly involved in the design, selection, purchase and installation of the project (to a maximum of $800/day)
- Professional, engineering, scientific, technical, management and contracting services, including training
- Permits and licence fees
- Funding for marketing, communications and workshops directly related to project activities
- Costs associated with the monitoring, verification and evaluation of the project’s impacts, including data collection, processing, analysis and management
- Equipment and products, including diagnostic and testing tools and instruments and associated software
- Costs associated with providing approved incentives to project participants
- Projects relating to the research, development and demonstration of transmission, distribution, and electricity generation (e.g. solar, wind, waterpower, and fossil fuels) are not eligible for funding, with the exception of waste energy recovery projects.
- The Conservation Fund does not provide funding to individuals, including incorporated individuals and sole proprietorships.
- Ineligible expenses:
- Budget deficits
- Activities completed or costs incurred before the funding is approved or after the project is completed
- Costs over $50,000 for any single consultant or contractor that has not been selected through a competitive process
- Costs associated with the purchase of real estate
- Any overhead costs generated by the lead applicant or third parties, such as operating costs related to general maintenance and repair
- Hospitality, incidental or food expenses for the project team
- Hospitality or travel costs not in compliance with the Government of Ontario’s Travel, Meals and Hospitality Expenses Directive
- Any costs not directly related to the achievement of the project’s objectives as defined in the contribution agreement between the IESO and the applicant
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IESO Conservation Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.