Open Road Alliance: Charitable Grants - Direct COVID-19 Response
Open Road AllianceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit, For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
In this time of uncertainty, nonprofits and social enterprises are being hit hard. Many of you have reached out to Open Road directly to share how COVID-19 is already impacting your organization and work.
The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the impact sector has reached natural disaster proportions in its scope and scale, which means that the global need for our ‘emergency’ capital vastly outstrips our available resources. Given this reality, we have decided to use our limited resources to best serve the sector under the following circumstances:
Charitable Grants will only be offered to organizations responding directly to COVID-19 that are also demonstrating how their intervention moves towards longer term adaptation and systemic/sustainable impact beyond the immediate outbreak.
Direct COVID-19 Response
COVID-19 continues to bring great uncertainty to the social impact sector. The situation continues to evolve rapidly with no end in sight while, simultaneously, a ‘new normal’ gradually emerges. As the direct and indirect effects of COVID-19 promise to be a permanent fixture of our world, ‘flattening the curve’ is increasingly dependent on adapting for the long term as well as responding to immediate and short-term needs.
In light of this shift, as of May 18, Open Road Alliance is updating our grant criteria to focus on supporting organizations that are responding directly to COVID-19 and can also demonstrate how their intervention moves towards longer term adaptation and systemic/sustainable impact beyond the immediate outbreak. We believe this step will not only hold the line of impact from our collective efforts, but will also build on these efforts with the vigilance and ingenuity required to support communities to emerge stronger from this crisis.
Who: For organizations engaging in direct COVID-19 response. We will prioritize organizations and activities that move towards longer term adaptation and systemic/sustainable impact beyond the immediate outbreak.
What: Charitable Grants for organizations whose work meets the following criteria:
- Up to $100,000 USD
- Mid-implementation – programs that are otherwise fully funded (not pilot projects)
- One-time cash need – well-defined discrete funding need (not pooled funds)
- Prioritizing clear, demonstrable, and deep impact that
- Can demonstrate clear potential to ‘flatten the curve’; AND
- Supports longer-term societal and economic adaptation beyond the immediate outbreak
- Any geography and any sector
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only make a loan or grant to an organization that is
- (1) otherwise fully funded, then
- (2) hit an unexpected, external roadblock (i.e., COVID-19), where
- (3) Open Road’s loan can fully solve the problem at hand and
- (4) demonstrate the potential to create catalytic impact.
- In this time of exceptional need, we will be prioritizing impact.
- Preference for organizations/interventions operating at scale or systems-change