OR Forest Stewardship Cost-Share Program
Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The goal of the Forest Stewardship Program is to assist landowners in developing Stewardship and Tree Farm Plans.
More than 44 percent of land in Oregon is privately owned. Financial incentive programs are available to encourage and assist landowners so they can manage their forest resources and meet their objectives. Typical forestry projects include protecting the landowner's resources/investment from fire or insect and disease infestation, and increasing monetary and environmental values of their forested property for the future.
Oregon Department of Forestry's mission is to serve the people of Oregon by protecting, managing, and promoting stewardship of Oregon's forests to enhance environmental, economic, and community sustainability.
- Healthy forests providing a sustainable flow of environmental, economic, and social outputs and benefits.
- Public and private landowners willingly making investments to create healthy forests.
- Statewide forest resource policies that are coordinated among Oregon's natural resource agencies.
- ODF recognized as an agency operating openly and in the public interest.
- Citizens who understand, accept, and support sustainable forestry and who make informed decisions that contribute to achievement of the vision of the 2003 Forest ry Program for Oregon.
- Adequate funding for ODF to efficiently and cost-effectively accomplish the mission and strategies of the Board of Forestry, appropriate use of information technology, business management strategies, and department personnel policies that encourage and recognize employees, allowing them to meet their full potential in providing excellent public service.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Qualifications & specifications:
- Up to 75 percent cost-share reimbursement for Stewardship Plans written by a professional natural resource consultant
- Cost-share must be pre-approved by ODF prior to creation of a Plan
- Plans must be developed according to the Oregon Forest Management Plan/Tools and Guidance
- Plans must be reviewed and approved by the local ODF stewardship forester
- Minimum Plan size is 10 acres
- Plans apply to rural land suitable for growing trees and existing rural forestland
- Plans are considered to have a ten-year life span unless updated before ten years has elapsed.
- Family forestland owners may apply for cost share for one new plan per forested property
- Plan updates are appropriate for landowners with a five year old, or older, multi-resource plan that has not been revised.
- Family forestland owners may apply for cost share for one plan per forested property
- Cost-share does NOT cover a timber cruise or appraisal
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OR Forest Stewardship Cost-Share Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.