Oregon State Weed Board Grant Program
Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Dec 14, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This Oregon Lottery funded grant program allows the Oregon State Weed Board (OSWB) to fund and administer noxious weed control projects in partnership with the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB).
- Fish and wildlife habitat
- Watershed functions
- Native salmonid populations
Projects are restricted to those that restore, enhance or protect fish and wildlife habitat, watershed functions, native salmonid populations or water quality. Grant applications are encouraged to be for on-the-ground weed control projects and must be for state listed noxious weeds. Applications may include research, survey, outreach or project design if required to complete the control portion of the project.
In the 2015-2017 biennium funds are available for the Oregon State Weed Board (OSWB) to fund noxious weed control projects through Oregon Lottery grant funds dedicated by Ballot Measure 76 (2010). The Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB) is partnering in this effort and the two Agencies (ODA and OWEB) are working together to administer the Oregon State Weed Board Grant Program. It is a priority of the OSWB to fund projects that restore, enhance or protect fish and wildlife habitat, watershed function, and native salmonid or water quality. The implementation of a comprehensive watershed approach to integrated control of noxious weeds is the most effective strategy to minimize impacts and protect natural resources in Oregon from invasive noxious weeds. The goal of the OSWB is to fund as many high priority projects as possible with the available funding. The OSWB wants to make the process of developing a successful grant application as straight forward as possible.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant eligibility:
- Any person, tribe, watershed council, soil and water conservation district, community college, state institution of higher education, independent not-for-profit institution of higher education, or political subdivision of this state that is not a state agency may submit a request for funding.
- A state agency or federal agency may apply for funding only as a co-applicant with one of the other eligible entities.
- Project requirements:
- Must be for the management of state listed noxious weeds.
- Must demonstrate sound principles of integrated weed management to both protect and enhance watershed health.
- Demonstrate specific site management objectives.
- Have on-the-ground control as a focus and a majority of OSWB funds should be used toward the control elements of the project.
- OSWB will not fund Grant administration indirect costs, that exceed 10% of Modified Total Direct Costs project costs for the grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Oregon State Weed Board Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.