Francis J. Bossuyt Fellowship
Organization for Tropical Studies
Grant amount: Up to US $4,500
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research, Fellowship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Peru
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Francis J. Bossuyt Fellowship - The fellowship was created as a memorial to the life of Francis Bossuyt (1969-2000). At the time of his untimely death, Francis had been collecting his final year of data for his dissertation on Titi monkeys at the Cocha Cashu Biological Station in Manu National Park in Peru. In recognizing Francis' love for the Titi Monkeys and for field-oriented research, the Bossuyt family established this endowed fellowship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Francis J. Bossuyt Fellowship is for work in Cocha Cashu, Peru.
- The award is intended to assist thesis-related field research in tropical biology and similar fields.
- Awards are intended primarily to cover station fees at OTS field stations (food, lodging and station access) which will be charged at the full standard rate, currently overnight $77 (2016) and day visit $39 (2016).
- Other expenses that may be included in your budget, to a maximum of $700, are research and export permit fees, local travel, and reimbursement in whole or in part of one round trip airline ticket.
- Priority areas to be funded are research:
- On animal behavior (preference for Callicebus) in Cocha Cashu and the surrounding areas
- On other subjects in Cocha Cashu
- By Peruvian students working in tropical ecosystems in Peru
- At other locations in the tropics.
- Major capital equipment will not be covered.
- Salaries or stipends for the investigator are not allowed, but salaries for field assistants will be considered if the work cannot be carried out safely or efficiently by one person. .
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Francis J. Bossuyt Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.