OritaniBank Charitable Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Passaic County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
OritaniBank Charitable Foundation
The Oritani Bank Charitable Foundation has been established to support not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools or other organizations operating in the communities in which Oritani Bank makes loans or has offices. The Foundation is in keeping with the tradition of Oritani Bank to support our local communities and is a way of adding to the quality of life for people living in these communities.
In addition to traditional community contributions, the Foundation has identified four primary areas that it will emphasize in supporting. However, the Foundation is committed to remaining alert to the changing needs and social conditions of the community and may enhance these areas of interest over time.
Education— Initiatives at the primary, secondary, and post secondary levels that raise the aspirations of students in the community and enhance knowledge in specific areas such as economics, communications, business and public speaking, as well as initiatives that support the education process.
Health and Human Services — Programs that are essential to the underlying medical care of the community. Initiatives that focus on physical and mental wellness. We would additionally make efforts to inform the hospitals and similar facilities that serve our region and market area of our Foundation and its purpose.
Youth Programs — Programs that assist in improving the quality of life for children in the community or programs that foster education, learning and leadership.
Affordable Housing — Programs that provide, or encourage the creation of, affordable and low / moderate income housing in the community as well support and advocacy for the families involved.
Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment .
Grants or awards donations are generally limited to use in the market areas served by the community.
All grants must be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors of the Foundation or by a duly authorized committee before any such funds are disbursed. All grant proposals will be evaluated to ensure that they conform to the Foundation’s procedures and fit within the Foundation’s mission. The Foundation will consider supporting projects and initiatives that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are directly related to the Foundation priorities and areas of interest stated above;
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support from the region;
- Produce cost-effective results that can be measured and evaluated;
- Provide incentive and stimulation for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving;
- Encourage the coordination with other efforts;
- Advance innovative and long term strategies that will address recognized needs; and
- Demonstrate an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment
- Grants or awards donations are generally limited to use in the market areas served by the community.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate Section 501(c) (3) or other non-profit status, a need for private financial support and a direct relevance to the Foundation’s areas of giving interest.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates for political office, religious organizations or activities for sectarian purposes.
- The Foundation does not generally make contributions to individual endeavors other than scholarships.
- Officers, directors and employees of the Bank, the Company, and any affiliates thereof shall not be eligible to receive fees, wages or grants from the Foundation.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OritaniBank Charitable Foundation by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.