Small Grants Program for Ornithological Research in Latin America and the Caribbean
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 31, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Caribbean, Central America, South America, Mexico
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Ornithological Council (OC), a consortium of twelve scientific societies of ornithologists in the Western Hemisphere, has initiated a small grants program for projects that integrate ornithological research and conservation.
Research projects that improve the likelihood of success of a specific conservation project in the region from Mexico in North America, through Central America and the Caribbean to South America are eligible to compete for funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funds are expected to be used for research-related expenses including equipment, supplies, travel and living expenses related to field work, and field assistant support.
- Except for professionals working in Canada and the US, grant recipients may use up to US $50 of grant funds to join an OC member society if not already a member of at least one of those societies.
- Grants will be made to members of any of the OC member societies.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grants will be made to members of any of the OC member societies. An applicant must be willing to join an OC member society if he/she receives an award and is not already a member.
- Preference will be given to projects focusing on resident species but benefits to migratory birds will also be considered.
- Preference will be given to species and habitats with greater and more immediate conservation needs.
- Grant funds will not cover salaries or stipends for the grant recipient, travel to meetings, overhead, indirect costs, or contingency funds.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Small Grants Program for Ornithological Research in Latin America and the Caribbean by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.